Monday, June 27, 2011

a new challenge!



This morning, after my friend and I finished our 5K run,

we found out some exciting news!

That's right! We made the lottery for the Houston Half Marathon!

January 15, 2012-which is also our anniversary,

My hubby, ME, and our two friends are setting out to conquer a goal!


I am nervous, excited, anxious, totally TERRIFIED and not sure what to expect on this 13.1 mile adventure! Will I survive? I sure hope so! Will it take me 5 hours to finish...I sure hope NOT!

After all we've been through and our weight loss success over the years, I know we can do this!

Just something else we can say we've done TOGETHER and it's being held on our 7 year anniversary, I think that's pretty darn cool too :)


Wooohoooo half marathon training, here we come!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Awesome! Congrats! My family group has also been accepted to the Houston Half marathon! I did it this past year in Jan and it was awesome! You can do it! And yes under 5 hours! LOL Myknee gave out at mile 8 and I made it less that 4 hours, barely but I made it. Good Luck!

Irish Italian Blessings said...

Heck yes! Congratulations. I can't wait to hear how it goes, I'll definitely be rooting for you!

Sam W. said...

go girl! i ran the houston full a few years ago and loved it.