Thursday, August 18, 2011

and our trip continued...

So, after our baby boy had his horrible accident...we considered packing up and heading home, but since we had just arrived that day and the doctor said he'd be fine...we decided to stay and we're sure glad that we did! This slide was SO cool...Jacob wasn't too crazy about it since you can see him here, MID AIR! And yes I think I did the slide at least 15 times! SO FUN! We were all like a bunch of kiddos!










our poor baby and his bandaged hands :-(





Jacob caught his first fish...and many more after that! This fully stocked pond was perfect for the boys to build their confidence and get some good practice, fishing!












and although we saw plenty of alligators, I never snapped good pictures of them because I was SO paranoid about the boys getting too close, that I wouldn't take my eyes off of them to grab the camera! Ha! Whoops!




And I'd like to say that the rest of the trip was easy going and perfect but we had ANOTHER incident! Tarah and I decided to drive around to look at the privately owned houses at Artesian Lakes while the big boys and Daddy's were fishing! So, we loaded up the little ones and drove around. We were about 20 minutes into our drive and she decided to turn around, because we had gone too far. All of a sudden, she tried to reverse and her Yukon wouldn't move...AT ALL. She was flooring the gas and...NOTHING! Her and I flipped out because we were out in the alligator-infested woods, with pine trees all around and the sun was setting. I started having flashing of the worst horror films and almost cried! I didn't have my cell phone, but thankfully she did! Not knowing what to do, I started digging the sand from under her tires...and it worked! She was able to go forward and we thought we were good! THEN, she got stuck again...now even further in the woods :-(. We got a hold of our husband's and they drove to where we were(thank goodness, they found us!!!), my husband has a Z71 4x4 truck, so he thought with one easy pull, we'd get the car out. NOPE. It snapped the tow strap in half and the car didn't move. Long story, shortened...my husband's truck got stuck too, both the Yukon and our truck had to be pulled out by a freaking, tractor! Thankfully, we were all ok and the trip ended happily...but I'm not sure our families should visit Artesian Lakes ANY TIME soon!!!





















7 comments:

Amy J said...

Man, you really did have quite the trip! That slide does look like so much fun!

Lisa said...

oh my! what a vacation! That is not how I would like a vacation to start or end! But thankfully you all are ok! I don't think I will be going there anytime soon either! LOL

Irish Italian Blessings said...

My goodness you guys are really living it up on this vacation! Glad everyones ok and glad the boys are having so much fun, that slide looked sooo cool.

Michelle A'etonu said...

OMG girl...this was a crazy trip!!! alligator infested woods? hell no!

Mommy Minded said...

I am so glad he is okay! It looks like a scary blast! lol

Mandee said...

So glad your little one is ok! Looks like so much fun! Enjoy your time!

Mama Hen said...

I would have been so frightened with that terrible accident! I am so sorry to hear about it! But what a brave trooper you have there! I hope the healing is very fast! I am happy you were able to make the best of it! That first picture is beautiful!

Mama Hen