Thursday, August 11, 2011

SO different!

It's so much fun to watch these boys as they grow and find their personalities. People ALWAYS tell us that Justin looks like Brandon and Jacob looks like me. If that's true, their personalities are COMPLETE opposite!

Justin is a Momma's boy, for sure! He loves to cuddle and tell me how much he loves me throughout the day when we're at home! He's starting to defend his toys when it comes to his big brother snatching them away and he's rather bossy! Ha! We hit a landmark last week of NO MORE BINKY. I think I've taken it harder than he has. We told him that the binky had to go bye-bye to another baby and he was fine with that! Mommy was a little sad because that binky made him still feel like my "baby"...but I must face the fact that he's growing up!



When you see Daddy's baby pictures, they look EXACTLY like Justin. Precious.



And my little crazy man, Jake! He's ALL boy. Loves to be rough and tough but is super SHY until he gets to know you. Loves playing outside and loves to tease his baby brother! He's grown up SO much this past year. He gets himself dressed, packs his bag for the night away at the grandparents. This past month, he stayed his first night away with his best buddy, Luke! I didn't think I'd take it so hard, but I kept thinking he'd miss his Momma and wanna come home, but NOPE! He was perfectly happy with them! Ha! He takes care of me when Daddy is at work and has become my little helper. He helps me with chores and likes to bring in the trash cans with Daddy. Can't believe he'll be in kindergarten in one, short year :(











Although my boys are SO different...we love them both SO much. Couldn't imagine life without them and they totally make life fun! They make us smile and laugh all of the time...except when they're fighting! A house full of boys can have its challenges, but I wouldn't want it any other way. Life can get in the way and I find myself worried about laundry, cooking, cleaning and then I snap out of it and realize that life is precious and if I'm not careful, those little moments can and will pass me by. I am so fortunate to be at home with these boys, spending time with them each and every day and sometimes I need a reminder of how blessed I truly am.









11 comments:

Jamie Kubeczka said...

hehe.. they are too cute! Hoping you guys are enjoying the summer.. I don't want it to end. Have a great weekend!

Sam W. said...

your boys are beautiful!! how fun to see the personalities emerging.

Sam @ fitness food & faith

Unknown said...

They definitely take after you too and how nice that their personalities are like yours too. Sounds like you've done a great job with them!

Amy J said...

You've got some cuties there! I have two boys, also. They grow up way too fast!

LindyLouMac said...

Precious moments which are passing by so quickly, keep on remembering to make the most of them Marissa.

Sara said...

You are blessed to have two adorable boys!!

Irish Italian Blessings said...

You are definitely one lucky mama with those two little men! I just read an article today about birth order and I have to share:
•First-born, or “Child of the Father,” more attuned to the outside world

•Second-born, or “Child of the Mother,” more internally focused

Kinda like you described :)

Annette said...

The last lines of your post are so true...it's really easy to get worried about the laundry, etc., and if we're not careful, we let our worries take over and life pass us by! I love reading about your boys--they do sound so different, but they've got one thing in common--lots of love for both you and Daddy. They sound so sweet!

Mama Hen said...

My sister and I are so different and it makes it very interesting and fun in the family. These pictures are so cute and I love the slide! It is so neat when our children take on personalities and resemble the family members around them. You really are blessed my friend!

M.O.T.B said...

We need to get rid of Kam's binky so I totally understand. It does still make them seem like a baby. It is just so hard when they grow up.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

They are both so cute!!!