Wednesday, August 17, 2011

a scary start to our vacation...

Our vacation was suppose to be relaxing and fun, but that's not quite how it started...We arrived at Artesian Lakes, unpacked and since it was around dinner time we started to prepare dinner. All of a sudden, we heard screaming and saw that my baby, Justin had fallen into the bbq pit. OH YES, we were freaking out. He was hysterical and would not stop crying. I was running his little hand under cold water but he just kept screaming. As time went on and I was trying to figure out what to do next, we started to see other marks...then I flipped out. There were burn marks on his ear, finger, BOTH hands and little marks on his face. We decided we'd take him to the closest ER because he wouldn't stop crying and now we were all VERY nervous. So, they admitted us and look at that ankle bracelet.... and the diagnosis....second degree burns on one hand, first degree on the other. The other burns were very minor and are already looking MUCH better. :-(






In these pictures you can tell the pain meds had already kicked in and my little, brave boy did SO good. He was so brave and I was the one who was a wreck. My poor baby boy. The doctor says NONE of the burns should leave scars if we keep the medicine on there and take real good care of them but this was a TOO scary start to our vacation.


And believe it or not, there was MORE drama so there's more to come....





16 comments:

Hanna said...

Oh my goodness - how scary, but glad they said he would be alright. Kids, I've decided are what age us - not years!!!

I hope y'all did enjoy Artesian Lakes after that - we spent a weekend up there & loved it.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Oh that is scary beyond belief!! I"m glad he's ok --he sure looks like he's not bothered by his boo boo's!! What a start to the vacay!

Irish Italian Blessings said...

OMG you must have been freaking out, I am SOOOOOO glad he's ok and I hope those burns heal soon. What a brave little guy!

Tammy said...

OH NO!! I would have been freaking out too, you poor thing and POOR HIM! I'm so glad he is doing better & starting to heal.

Definetly will remember how this vacation started!

April Westerhold said...

Oh no! I can't imagine how scary that must have been. Thank God there won't be any scars, plastic surgeries, etc. He looks happy in the pics, though, so must have been some really good meds :)

april

Sara said...

How scary for both Justin and Mommy. Hope his burns heal quickly.

Unknown said...

I would have been so scared. Glad he will heal well and there won't be scars.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Oh, that's so scary! Poor little guy. Thank God he was okay!

Amy J said...

So glad he was OK! I would have totally flipped my lid, too!

LindyLouMac said...

Not a great start and very scary for you, thank goodness he is ok. Parenthood is certainly a roller coaster ride.

Julie and Clay Ciomperlik said...

Awwww! Poor little guy. Hope you all had fun some on the vacay!

Unknown said...

So scary! ER trips are never fun - we've been there twice. Once when Gavin was 1 and woke up having trouble breathing, and once when he was 2 1/2 and cut his finger and needed stitches. Glad to hear there won't be permanent scars.

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Oh No, poor little guy. I am glad he is okay. What a way to start vacation uh? I know all about burns.. they are painful. Katelynn got a really bad burn on her bottom from a slide last year and it took a couple doctor visits to heal. I now keep burn cream in our cabinet.

Lisa said...

OMG! I would have been FREAKING out! Poor thing! Well it looks like the pain meds worked! I hope he gets to feeling all better and no scares! You poor mommy!

Michelle A'etonu said...

aw man, i thought we had it bad when sina burned her hand on the oven, but a bbq pit? i would have freaked out. you guys handled it great and he handled it like a trooper. he looks so happy considering!

Unknown said...

Ahh, how scary indeed. So glad he was okay!!!! Poor thing