Friday, September 2, 2011

Seriously?

What a day! I'm just happy things APPEAR to be settling down at the moment. But let me fill you in on my NOT-SO-BORING DAY!!!!
This morning we woke up to our oldest, Jacob not feeling well. Cold/Allergy symptoms and a low grade fever.
Spent most of the morning hanging out in our pj's and I cleaned house.
At about 2pm, I went out to my car looking for my purse(I NEVER, EVER leave my purse in the car) and found it, but as I opened my wallet to put my cash away, I saw that my $200 that was in there...was missing?
Then I immediately grabbed for my debit card and yep...MISSING!!!
I started to panic and freak out, came running in to check my account online and sure enough...pending transactions at 340.00 and counting...
Called our bank and they stopped the card and not soon enough, because the charges began at 6:19 this morning at Jack In the Box for $20.19 and went on from there, 10 DIFFERENT locations for a total shopping spree of $890.00!!!! Yes, ridiculous right? I feel so violated and betrayed and I know it's MY fault for accidentally leaving my purse in the car, but seriously we are suppose to live in a nice area/neighborhood where we SHOULD feel safe. I don't feel safe. Last year it was my rear window being blown out but the police thought that was probably teenagers doing pranks. This time, they had access to ALL of my account info, SS card, debit card(which they took). It was very scary. I called the credit bureau's and they put fraud alerts on EVERYTHING. The bank covered the fraud payments and even after we closed account, they tried to use it for a purchase of $328.00 at Target. Speaking of Target, they used it five different times at the same Target location within minutes??? Yea, how is that possible right? Scary. Some for $40.00, others for $90.00...strange! They bought clothing, shoes, gas, groceries. They went to Valero, Chevron, and Texaco and apparently they didn't just need gas, one charge was for $158.00 at one gas station!

I would not be able to live with myself if I did this to people for a living. Seriously, have some self-respect and care for others. My husband works SO hard to keep me at home with our boys. We pay our bills, save like we should, don't live out of our means and yet this happens. Makes me so mad. That cash is gone. Although the bank returned my money and the police came and took fingerprints and filed a report, I'm still mad.

I'm off to cuddle with my sweet boy, who is still not feeling well and is saying his throat hurts(geez, only one week back at school and he's sick!) and I will be praying that tomorrow seems to be a much better day. I know things could be MUCH worse, but its still upsetting and makes me angry that people do this and take advantage of others.

They are SO lucky they weren't caught...I think I might have gone crazy on them if I would have seen them in the act. Throwing things and chasing and screaming at them...all at once. They would have given me back my things because they would have been AFRAID! VERY afraid. Hahahaha!


9 comments:

April Westerhold said...

Oh no, so sorry that this happened! Sounds like a BOTTLE of wine kind of night to me. Glad your bank was on the ball and stopped everything right away.

Hope tomorrow is better!
xoxo
april

Hanna said...

At least Jacob doesn't have a stomach bug that he shared with you! That's been my week so far. :-) That totally sucks about your wallet. Makes you wanna install cameras outside your house! Sucky criminals.

cooperl788 said...

I've definitely left my purse in my car before on accident, and I've also had it be stolen from my car. It's the worst feeling and I'm so sorry you had to go through it. But at least the money from your accounts got returned to you, and all the plastic and numbers are replaceable. At least you and your family are safe! Hope Jacob feels better soon!

Unknown said...

On no, I'm so sorry to hear that! Thankfully they didn't try to get into your home too. Glad the authorities were responsive. Karma will be a b*tch for the crooks

Hattie said...

Girl I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you. Luckily you & the boys were safe.We moved to our neighborhood from TX City to be safer and about a year after we moved in some one shot at our back door w/ a 22. I couldn't sleep for a few days and Justin finally got a gun. It's just so sad that we have to do this to protect what we work so hard for.

Hope Jacob feels better. We all have the allergy cold thing going on over here too!!!

Mama Hen said...

First, I hope Jacob feels better soon! I am so sorry that this happened to you! It is really sad that people would do such a thing! It is amazing how fast they start spending the money! I hope that your day tomorrow is much better! Do something to make all of you feel better like make yummy pancakes and cuddle up and watch a good family movie! Have a good night!

Mama Hen

Annette said...

I'm so sorry. Yes, I've had to close my credit card accounts on at least three seperate occassions because someone got a hold of my number and started to use it for random online purchases. It does make you feel violated! Even more, it makes you lose a day with your precious boy because it's so time consuming to make all those calls! Please take care. XOXO.

Mama Hen said...

I hope you had a great weekend after that rough day you had! Have a good week Marissa!

Mama Hen

LindyLouMac said...

I am so sorry to read that you had this horrid experience Marissa.