Monday, January 2, 2012

my running buddies!

Excuse the sweat dripping from me, but we live in Texas where January possibly consists of 70 degree temps with LOTS(too much) humidity, right? RIGHT!
Although I enjoy running on my own, sometimes with Daddy's schedule, I have to take on runs with these two boys!  Jake rides his bike and I push Justin in the jogging stroller and we all listen to Mommy's iPod while cruising around the neighborhood!  We had a good run the other day and the boys kept telling me to run faster!  Funny how a 5 year old and a 2 year old can be so motivating!  


These boys are part of the reason that we try to make healthy living SUCH a priority in our lives!  We want to make sure they have the tools to lead healthy lifestyles for years to come.  I know they enjoy being outdoors, but I want them to truly appreciate exercise and taking care of their heart.  So, my wish for 2012 for these boys is for us to expose them to as much of our fitness and nutrition as possible!  Jake will be in kindergarten next year and I want him to take these tools with him as he grows!  We will encourage ALL things sports and we will make sure that these boys understand that exercise IS fun!  As for us, Daddy is working so we're headed out for another family run!  I'm sure these boys will be yelling at me to run faster, so I better be prepared!  Ha!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

It's funny how our little ones encourage us so much isn't it?

Looks fun though & I bet they love it!

Irish Italian Blessings said...

That's awesome!! I bought a BOB double jogger and little man is finally almost big enough to go for runs, yay for running buddies!

Sam W. said...

so fun! and the weather has been nuts in houston. hard to believe it's january :)

Sara said...

That's great that the boys exercise with you and are you little motivators! To a healthy and happy New Year!