Tuesday, January 31, 2012

This is a HUGE deal around here, but especially in New Orleans, LA!
Our family from New Orleans kicks the Mardi Gras celebration off back in the summer!  
...Yea, it is THAT planned out!
The floats in New Orleans are bigger and better, 
but I'd say we have a pretty good celebration here near Galveston, TX
 Anyway, it makes for a very fun time and the kids love catching beads!  
We'll have to take plenty of pictures and enjoy LOTS of King Cake for ya too!  My mom is fortunate enough to attend our cousin's parade in New Orleans, so I'll make sure and have her take pictures there too!



Mardi Gras 2011 in Galveston, TX

Have you ever been to a Mardi Gras celebration?  If not, you're missing out!  
SO.MUCH.FUN!  
Seriously, LOTS of fun!!!

3 comments:

April Westerhold said...

YES! I went to New Orleans in 99 and in 2000, too. It was AWESOME! The grocery stores up here sell King Cakes for Mardi Gras every year. I'm going to pick one up for the Super Bowl. :)

Michelle A'etonu said...

i am dying to go to a real mardi gras, although my first mardi gras potluck at work was last year and it was awesome. we have another one coming up in a few weeks and i'm stoked. it's soooo cool that galveston does their own parade!!!

Angie said...

Mardi Gras is on my bucket list!