Thursday, July 19, 2012

fun outdoors!













Another fun, camping trip!  We headed to Jellystone this time around and enjoyed it so much!  We had a few groups of friends join us that have campers too, so it made it even more fun!

The boys had a blast being outside ALL DAY LONG, fishing, swimming, getting filthy, riding bikes and playing football!  Now that Jake is a pro on his bike, he'd take off all around the campgrounds with his buddy and they'd eventually make their way back around, telling us all of the things they saw...birds, squirrels, fish, turtles and more!

On this trip, I decided to really get into the outdoors, I REALLY enjoyed fishing and after a while of making Brandon put on my worms, my friend and I decided to do it ourselves...ewww, I know but it wasn't that bad!  I kind of enjoyed it, especially when I'd do the bait and then immediately catch a fish!  woohoo!  Made me proud!

Justin caught his FIRST fish and Jake was catching them like crazy!  Justin ran around yelling to everyone..."I did it, I caught that fish all by myself!!"  Ha!

There's something about watching kids explore, enjoy and have FUN outside...it makes you feel good knowing they can have good old fashioned fun without high tech toys and gadgets!  We are already planning our next trip and can't wait to get out there again!
We are getting the trailer full of the necessities we'll need each time, so we only have to unpack clothes and food which makes it nice too!

4 comments:

Michelle A'etonu said...

seems like everyone's got campers these days! we might have to invest in one when we return stateside. what fun! i love roasting marshmallows!

LindyLouMac said...

That is the life for children, great fun.

Unknown said...

Looks like an amazing time! Your boys are lucky to have such fun loving parents.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

It looks like you've been having so much fun!