Saturday, January 22, 2011

G.I. Jake!

First of all, THANK YOU to all of you for your birthday wishes yesterday,
I had a great day and so far, I guess turning 31 is not SO awful.
Now back to the post...
he's fast, he's tough, he's no other than, G.I.Jake!
Mission: to keep from getting caught by Mommy and getting TOO many hugs! Mommy sees her target...but he's hiding, he's fast and he's got a loaded Nerf gun...
Ahhhh, the suspense....

Yep, he's been captured. The Nerf gun has been taken away and now...


it's time for HUGS, HUGS and MORE....HUGS!
*a few weeks ago, our cousin had a Nerf Blaster-capture the flag birthday party! it was AWESOME! The kids were dressed in camo, had their guns and ready to go! Very cute idea and I know the kids had a BLAST :) The pics above are from my cousin, since I had forgotten my camera-whoops, and she kept snapping pics of me trying to get a hug from my boy,
ya know he'd rather be playing than huggin' on his Momma.





7 comments:

southgrace said...

Love the pics, he is so cute!! What a great idea for a birthday party, my brother is starting to plan my nephews so I will definitely pass the idea along.

cooperl788 said...

I love the pictures of you with Jake; so sweet!

Annette said...

This sounds like so much fun. I love tackling my little boy; it's so hard not to squeeze and hug them at this age. You can tell Jake loves it so much too!

TV's Take said...

Looks like tons of fun and glad you had a super b-day. I believe life gets better as you sink into your 30s!

Mama Hen said...

That is so cute and looks like a lot of fun! I love the picture where you caught your little cutie pie! I always tell my daughter that I am coming for some hugs and she starts to giggle and run. Us mommies need a lot of hugs! Thank you for your kind words about my Dad Marissa. I miss him so much. It hurst to know that he is not a part of my daughter's life. I loved him more than words can say! Thank you for being such a dear friend. Have a great night! By the way, I have been doing a lot of cardio and I am losing weight. It took a while for me to get going, but I am excited and thought I would let my friend the health guru know.

Mama Hen

Xenia said...

Too cute! What a fun idea for a birthday party and the pictures of you and Jake are just adorable!

M.O.T.B said...

What a sweet Mommy moment! Your smile is contagious!