Thursday, January 6, 2011

grateful









One of my biggest regrets as a mother is not taking the time to soak up the "little" moments with my oldest son when he was a baby. Yes, he's only four and we've had plenty of time to bond, HOWEVER I was a teacher full-time until my second son was born, and because of that, I felt like the baby stages with my first son were rushed. Mostly by ME. I spent the days stressing about getting to work, picking him up from his sitter, getting home and cooking dinner, bath time, bed time and packing for the next day...repeat this cycle mon-fri!




Now that my dream of staying at home became reality when my second son was born, I told myself to truly TREASURE the moments I have with my boys!
This means soaking up the small, little moments that make me smile each day.
I have been at home for a year and a half and I find myself getting "busy" with cleaning, cooking, laundry, picking up...






















...then I have to remind myself that these boys are MY LIFE. My husband and I love to sit and just watch them! They are SO entertaining and funny, even when they are not trying to be! Jacob is growing up so fast, he's no longer my baby boy. He loves his friends at school, loves to play outside and he is 110% BOY. Justin is easy -going, loves to laugh, very laid back unless you make him angry(which his brother manages to do, daily).



So, the next time I find myself cleaning the house like a crazy woman, picking up the toys strung all throughout my house, or doing 5 loads of laundry in one day, I PROMISE to STOP and soak up these "little" moments with my boys! I had wanted to stay at home since November 8,2006(the day my first son was born) and it was not possible then. I am SO grateful that my husband gave me this gift! I can take advantage of it at times, but for 2011 I will make sure each smile, laugh and much more is soaked up by their Momma!!!!



.

6 comments:

Mama Hen said...

Oh the endless laundry and picking up toys! I have to say that I often say to my daughter "Do you want to do a puzzle?" and she always says yes so I can avoid the laundry. It never ends and getting caught up ion the responsibilities and daily tasks can really take some time out of our being able to "live" the moments. You are a great mommy and you have been there for your sons from the start. Even if you were still working in the beginning, the time you did share with your son was meaningful and that is what truly counts. Time really does fly and I just want to hold on as much as I can. Beautiful pictures! Have a great night my friend!

Mama Hen

Sara said...

Great post!! Sometimes life rushes by so fast we forget to soak up those small moments in life. It's so amazing how much love and joy our children fill us with. Your boys are so lucky to have such a wonderful Mommy.

Unknown said...

Thats a great attitude for 2011 and beyond! I love to stay home with my kids and have no desire to work out of my home.

Thanks for the note regarding my photos. When I take photos for fun, there is no pressure, but when it's going to be a Christmas card or graduation photo, I'm a sweaty mess! Sorry, but true. I love the results but I put a lot of pressure on myself.
Thanks again, Lisa

cooperl788 said...

This post really hit home with me today. As I was doing dishes, cooking dinner, and cleaning out the fridge (all at the same time, of course), Georgia came over and asked me to color with her. No, I'm busy were the first words out of my mouth, but then I saw her face and remembered how much it's changed in just 2 years. So I hurried and got dinner in the oven, left dishes dirty, and colored with my baby girl. She had a blast, and so did I. Have a wonderful night!

Mama Hen said...

I always get a smile on my face when I visit your blog! Your boys are so full of giggles and joy! I hope you have a great weekend Marissa! Your blog came out great my friend!

Mama Hen

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

What a great post! I completely agree with you!