Thursday, January 13, 2011

oh, what a day!

Well, the day started off great
Dropped my oldest son off at preschool, came home to visit with my cousin and my friend, and their babies. Justin had a blast playing with his friends for a change!
I had dinner cooking on the stove, picked up Jacob from school and decided we'd do an early bath so when Daddy came home, we could play and enjoy the evening!
Boy, what a mistake that was!!
I ran the bath water for my baby boy, he stepped in
and immediately started to play, then all of a sudden
he slipped and busted his face on the side of the tub...
he started SCREAMING, Mommy teared up and didn't know what to do.
I looked for blood, scrape, redness...nothing!
After drying him off, I layed him down and he would not stop crying,
I tried giving him his "binky" which always makes him a happy boy,
but that did NOT work, he was biting down on his finger, screaming and then trying to put his whole hand into his mouth...poor, little man!
After finally getting a good look in his mouth, I noticed that
both, yes BOTH front teeth were chipped. He was screaming and I looked behind the gums, and yep...blood on BOTH front teeth
. I freaked...
called our pediatrician, then my friend who recommended a great pediatric dentist(thanks, Tarah!) and they told us to get there right away.
*My boys were both dressed in camouflage pj's...Ha, but we went anyway, no time to change them because they said I had to be there in 15minutes!
So, after flipping out for a good hour, the dentist said this is common
(so, Yay I'm not the world's MOST awful mother!) and there's nothing they can do.
We have to watch the tooth, and if there's color change we must go back immediately,
but other than that, treat it with Motrin and that's IT.
But do you want to know the worst part??!
My little baby boy went from this toothy little grin...
ahhhh, it hurts me just to look at it. Its taken on my phone, so sorry for the blur!

to this...
I guess the best part about it is that these teeth are NOT permanent...whew!
Oh my poor baby boy :(



8 comments:

Jamie Kubeczka said...

OMG! Poor thing. I would have freaked out too. Bath time always stresses me out, because I worry about them jumping around. My nephew was jumping around and busted his eybrow wide open. He had to get stiches and all. Your right, at least it's not permanent, and hopefully it won't hurt him for too long. Sorry to hear this.

Kimberley said...

Oh no, poor little man. So glad he is ok

M.O.T.B said...

I am sorry, it is never easy when your baby hurts! I feel badly for you and him!!!!! Hope he feels better soon!

Tini Posh said...

I am so sorry!! Poor little guy..hope he feels better soon!

cooperl788 said...

Poor guy! Hope his teeth feel better soon. And hopefully they don't change color!

Sara said...

Poor little guy. What a scary situation. Hope he feels better soon!!

Annette said...

Oh your poor little one! I'm always worried about my little guy wiping out in the tub too--it's way too slippery (even with the bath mat). Thank goodness they aren't his adult teeth!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Awww, poor little man! How scary! You're right, though...at least they weren't permanent teeth!