Saturday, January 12, 2013

Houston Boat Show


This was the first time(not sure whey we waited so long!) to take the boys to the boat show!  This was like their paradise!  These boys are obsessed with camping, boats, fishing and hunting and guess what?  
THIS place had it all!!!  

 Yea they added those bright yellow beauties to their Christmas list for next year!  
Hahaha, I told them I want one too :)


They wanted to "fish" for $3 you had 5 minutes to fish in a pond full of rainbow trout!  They wanted to show off their fishing skills and had about 20 kiddos in their round.  All of a sudden Jake and I hear Justin screaming and telling everybody LOOK!  Hahaha, out of the entire 5 minute round, it was our littlest man that caught the big fish!  HE WAS SO PROUD!!!  It might be those south-paw, left-handed abilities but he's really good!


Then after walking on EVERY.SINGLE.RV and boat there....and YES we walked on every one!  

it was time to build one of our own!  It was so neat, a small company that builds kids boats was allowing the kids to take a turn helping to "build" a boat!

They loved this!  Such simple things make them SO happy :) and that makes me happy!

Some of those RV's were amazing!  Helps us see the camping we'll do in style in our future!  We can't wait to get back from our cruise and head out camping again soon!  The show had us very excited to try out some new places that the boys will love!  

What's in store for Move It Momma readers in 2013?
As far as what 2013 has in store for us, you can check out Let's Move It Mommas and read about our kicked up workouts and clean eating venture!  It's going VERY well and the best part?  I've inspired others to do the same and find what works for them to lead their healthiest life.  Inspiring others is why I started that blog in the first place and knowing how many lives I've touched through that is incredible.  THANK YOU for allowing me to share our stories with all of you.  Yesterday, my Move It Mommas blog saw over 800 hits in ONE DAY!  WOWZA!!!!!  I've said it a thousand times, if I can inspire one person I've accomplished what I set out to do. Inspiring more than one...well that's just simply AMAZING  :)

For those of you that follow that blog and our journey, thank you!  It means so much to know that people care about healthy living and want to give their children the healthiest life possible.  I was at my son's chapel last week and a few people came up and introduced me to a person they knew or someone in their family and said, "I want you to meet Marissa, she has an inspiring story and loves helping people get healthy, you should read her blog, it's amazing"...and I'm not kidding!  It brought tears to my eyes, honestly.  To know that they find hope in my words.   That they can see themselves through my husband and I and our journey.  People want hope.  They want to know change is possible and that someone has been there and succeeded.    If writing, speaking and inspiring people could be a job, I'd do it in a heartbeat!  It's what keeps me going.  What moves me.  I was asked to become a FitFluential Ambassador for Houston a few years ago and was just asked to do the same for Girls Gone Sporty.  Basically it makes me a representative for healthy living in the Houston area!  Knowing I've impacted enough lives to rank for Texas...I'm blown away.  

And if Move It Mommas isn't for you, THANK YOU FOR READING HERE ABOUT MY FAMILY THAT I LOVE MORE THAN LIFE ITSELF AND OUR FUN, LITTLE MOMENTS THAT MAKES LIFE SO GREAT!!!  :)

3 comments:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

That looks like a fun event!
Way to go, little man! I bet he was so proud of himself!

Annette said...

Congratulations on your Move It Mommas Blog!! I'm so happy for you!! You do have an inspiring story to tell, and you tell it so well :)

The boat show looks like such a fun time!!! You've inspired me to see if there will be one near us sometime soon. I think Lewie would love it!

Again, congrats Marissa! Your passion will lead you to success (and it already is...) I'm sure of it!

Hanna said...

I love the boat show - we usually go every year, but didn't get the chance this year. *sigh* Oh well, there is always next year! Looks like y'all had a great time!